Content with status 'Current' only is displayed by default. Apply additional filters to include 'Superseded' and 'Non-current' content such as historical Budgets and financial statements of the Government in your search.
- PublicationIssue date:Archive of models back to Budget 2000 This is an archive of Treasury models used to calculate the government’s capital contributions to, and in future years withdrawals from, the New Zealand Superannuation Fund (NZSF).
- PageThis section features public notices of vesting. When property vests in the Crown under the Companies Act 1993, the Treasury is required to give public notice of the vesting in at least one issue of the Gazette and on its website at all reasonable times,…
- PublicationIssue date:A new version of OIA-20210363 was published in November 2023. This version includes less redactions.
- PageList of upcoming release dates and times for publications and data to be published on the Treasury website where these have been announced by the Treasury or the Minister of Finance.
Regulatory Impact Statement: 2023 Updated - Reform of industrial allocation policy in the NZ ETS to address current over-allocationPublicationIssue date:Legislation: Climate Change Response Act 2002 Ministerial portfolio: Climate Change Document on Ministry for the Environment website at November 2023:
Regulatory Impact Statement: Infringement regime for retention and discard offences in the commercial fishing industryPublicationIssue date:Legislation: Fisheries Amendment Act 2022 Ministerial portfolio: Oceans and Fisheries Document on Ministry for Primary Industries website at November 2023: Regulatory Im
Regulatory Impact Statement: Proposal to progress an Order in Council to convert Te Wānanga o Raukawa to a non-Crown entity WānangaPublicationIssue date:Legislation: Education and Training Act 2020 Ministerial portfolio: Education, Māori-Crown Relations Document on Ministry of Education website at November 2023:
- PageThe Treasury reports to several Ministers in the Government. The Responsible Minister for the Treasury is Hon Nicola Willis, Minister of Finance.
- PublicationIssue date:Legislation: Waste Minimisation Act 2008 Ministerial portfolio: Environment Document on Ministry for the Environment website at November 2023:
Cost Recovery Impact Statement: Proposal to increase the transitional levy for Fire and Emergency New ZealandPublicationIssue date:Legislation: Fire and Emergency New Zealand Act 2017 Ministerial portfolio: Internal Affairs Document on Department of Internal Affairs website at November 2023:
- PageAbout the Independent Oversight Committee On 14 December 2020, the Government announced it had approved a proactive compensation package (the Package) to be offered to eligible policyholders who cash settled with Southern Response Earthquake S
- PageGovernment Web Standards The Treasury website has been re-designed to allow the Treasury to work towards compliance with New Zealand Web Standards and Recommendations for public sector web sites.
- PublicationIssue date:Consumer prices and spending ease back as house price growth stalls Manufacturing and services sectors both contract amid waning demand Global outlook remains subdued as inflation eases and consumer demand retreats
- Content collectionIssue date:The Treasury draws on a wide range of data sources to provide economic reporting, modelling and forecasting to the Government.
- PageThe Treasury is working across the whole of government to support the Government’s COVID-19 economic response.
- PageThe North Island Weather Events Loan Guarantee Scheme is expected to open at the end of July 2023.
- PageThe Treasury publishes its Ministerial Servicing Performance Statistics on a monthly basis.
Regulatory Impact Statement: Options to amend stock exclusion regulations to enable more flexibility for lower intensity farmsPublicationIssue date:Legislation: Resource Management Act 1991 Ministerial portfolio: Environment and Agriculture Document on Ministry for the Environment website at November 2023:
- PublicationIssue date:Legislation: Resource Management Act 1991 Ministerial portfolio: Environment Document on Ministry for the Environment website at November 2023:
- PublicationIssue date:Legislation: Biosecurity Act 1993 Ministerial portfolio: Biosecurity Document on Ministry for Primary Industries website at November 2023:
- Commercial EntityChristchurch International Airport Limited operates Christchurch’s domestic and international airport, the second busiest airport in New Zealand as measured by passenger numbers.
- Commercial EntityHawke's Bay Airport operates the airport at Napier that services the Hawke’s Bay region. It is a council-controlled trading organisation, owned 50% by the Crown, 26% by the Napier City Council, and 24% by the Hastings District Council.
- Commercial EntityAirways provides air navigation services to keep New Zealand’s skies safe (30 million sq km). It delivers air navigation and air traffic management consultancy and training services throughout New Zealand and in over 65 countries.
Interim Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the three months ended 30 September 2023PublicationIssue date:The interim F
Interim Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the three months ended 30 September 2023NewsIssue date:The Treasury has published the
- PageThe latest month end financial statements are the Interim Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the three months ended 30 September 2023.
- PublicationIssue date:Tables of monthly tax revenue and receipts from collecting departments Tax data are sometimes difficult to interpret as economic indicators, but tax outturns are among the earliest data available about the state of the economy.
- PageTax outturn data is the monthly tax revenue and receipts from collecting departments.
- PageThe Treasury publishes monthly and annual (year end) financial statements for the government reporting entity. These provide information on the government's assets and liabilities, revenue and expenses, and cash flows.
Interim Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the three months ended 30 September 2023PublicationIssue date:The latest month end financial statements are the Interim Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the three months ended 30 September 2023.
Productivity in a Changing World seminar series: Impacts of public R&D funding on innovation and productivityEventAbstract This talk by Professor Kevin Fox will present new research on the effectiveness of alternative uses of public funds in supporting Research and Development (R&D).
Productivity in a Changing World seminar series: What do we know about the productivity slowdown? Exploring different industry experiencesEventAbstract The productivity slowdown across industrialised countries since around 2004 is a topic of much interest to academic researchers and policy makers.