Formats and related files
We would like to thank Bob Buckle, Dasha Leonova, Renee Fry, Kam Szeto, and participants at a Workshop on Public Finance: Fiscal Indicators, Perugia (hosted by the Banca d‘Italia, 30 March-1 April 2006) for useful comments and suggestions.
This document was commissioned by the New Zealand Treasury. However, the views, opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in it are strictly those of the author(s), do not necessarily represent and should not be reported as those of the New Zealand Treasury. The New Zealand Treasury takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions in, or for the correctness of, the information contained in this paper.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Model and data
- 3 Effects of fiscal policy
- 4 Sensitivity analysis
- 5 Contributions of fiscal policy to New Zealand business cycles
- 6 Conclusions
- Appendix A: Augmented Dickey-Fuller unit root tests
- Appendix B: Stability tests
- Appendix C: Normality and linearity tests
- Appendix D: Alternative ordering
- Appendix E: Alternative elasticities