Formats and related files
I wish to thank Paul Gardiner and Nathan McLellan for their contribution to the development of this model through discussions and assistance with sections of this paper. This paper has been a long time in preparation. It benefited from comments on the early version of the paper from Bob Buckle, Viv Hall, and Roger Ridley. I would like to thank James Twaddle for his comments as discussant at the Australasian Macroeconomics Workshop, 4-5 April 2002.
The views expressed in this Working Paper are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the New Zealand Treasury. The paper is presented not as policy, but with a view to inform and stimulate wider debate.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Steady-state Model
- 3 The steady state
- 4 Steady-state model simulation
- 5 Dynamic structure
- 6 The dynamic properties of the model
- 7 Concluding comments
- Appendix 1 Variable Listing
- Appendix 2 Equations for the steady state model
- Appendix 3 Consumption equation
- Appendix 4 Demand for housing services
- Appendix 5 Equations for the dynamic model