Formats and related files
Thank you to Roger Hurnard, Veronica Jacobsen, John Janssen, Brian McCulloch, Grant Scobie, and participants at a Treasury seminar for comments and suggestions.
The views expressed in this Working Paper are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the New Zealand Treasury. The paper is presented not as policy, but with a view to inform and stimulate wider debate.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Historical and projected trends in age structure
- 3 Proximate determinants of changes in age structure
- 4 Disaggregated measures
- 5 International comparisons
- 6 Population projections and uncertainty
- 7 Prospects for continued gains in life expectancy
- 8 Life expectancy at age 65
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Appendix - Supplementary data
- 11 References