Formats and related files
Accessible HTML version
Only the summary of this update has been prepared in HTML. If you require a full HTML version, please contact [email protected] and cite Fortnightly Economic Update - 1 April 2022 as a reference.
- Business and consumer confidence point to stiffening growth headwinds.
- High-frequency indicators show increasing activity in Auckland as Omicron case numbers fall.
- Globally, the Russia-Ukraine conflict, tightening financial conditions and tighter pandemic restrictions in China are weighing on growth.
- Australian and UK budgets focus on alleviating cost of living pressures.
- Our Special Topic explores the interaction between rising inflation and fiscal policy.