Documents on this page are the advice the government received from the Treasury (in some cases with Inland Revenue) regarding the three-year revenue strategy released in the 2009 Budget, and the deferral of the 2010 and 2011 tranches of the tax cuts. Cabinet papers and minutes related to this advice are also included.
Legislation implementing the deferral of the tax cuts was introduced under urgency on 28 May in the Taxation (Budget Tax Measures) Bill. The new legislation passed its final stages in Parliament on 29 May and received Royal assent later that day.
For more information see the resulting Act published on the Tax Policy Advice Division of Inland Revenue website: Taxation (Budget Tax Measures) Act 2009.
Pages Comprising this Information Release
There are eleven pages comprising the Budget 2009 (25 June 2009) Information Release:
- Home - Budget 2009 Information Release
- Key Documents:
- Budget Strategy
- Senior Executives Group briefings
- Budget Ministers' briefings
- Budget Package Cabinet paper
- Cabinet minutes related to the Budget Strategy and Budget Package Cabinet papers
- Bilateral Briefings
- Letters to Ministers - Letters to Ministers who did not have bilaterals.
- Support Party Briefings
- Cabinet Minutes by Vote - The Budget Package Cabinet minute for each Vote.
- Fiscal Strategy Papers
- [This Page] Tax Papers
- Line-by-line Reviews
- Information Release Advice - Advice to Ministers about this release.
- Secondary Release - Advice provided on options related to Budget consolidation and projections, indexation of assistance payments, and aide-memoires for Vote Education