Frequently asked Questions relating to the original Retail Guarantees Scheme, which was active between October 2008 and October 2010, and the Extended Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme, active between October 2010 and December 2011.
This scheme closed on 31 December 2011#The Crown's Extended Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme ended on 31 December 2011. Some deposits with the Public Trust continue to be covered under the Public Trust Act but no deposits with other financial institutions are guaranteed by the Crown for any default after 31 December 2011.
Questions and Answers#
- Part 1 - Am I covered?
- Explanations of eligibility criteria for the Crown guarantee.
- Part 2 - Claims and Defaults
- Explains what happens when a guaranteed institution defaults.
- Part 3 - Trusts
- Information about how eligibility criteria apply to trusts.
- Part 4 - Institutions
- Information that guaranteed institutions need to know.