Information releases made by the Treasury relating to monetary policy and its implementation by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
There have been information releases on these topics on these dates:
- Contemporary Issues in Monetary Policy Workshop (22 December 2016) – Two background papers commissioned by the Treasury to support the workshop the Treasury hosted in October 2016
- Monetary Policy Decision-making Framework (2 October and 6 November 2013) – Internal Treasury background papers and final Treasury report on RBNZ governance arrangements released under the Official Information Act. These papers were part of a review of the monetary policy framework undertaken in 2011
- Mortgage Interest Levy (MIL): A Detailed Option (23 February 2007) - Joint report by the Treasury and Reserve Bank officials that develops further the mortgage interest levy option canvassed originally in the Supplementary Stabilisation Instruments report.
- Supplementary Stabilisation Instruments (SSI) (6 April 2006) - Joint report by the Treasury and Reserve Bank on possible additional instruments to supplement the role of interest rates in managing demand pressures and inflation.
- Policy Targets Agreement (PTA) (19 September 2002) - Briefing material provided to the Minister of Finance relevant to the 2002 Policy Targets Agreement (PTA).
Related Information on the Treasury Web Site
- Review of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989 (7 November 2017) - a review of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989 to create a modern monetary and financial policy framework
- Media Statement: Reserve Bank and the Treasury release book (16 October 2006) - The Reserve Bank and the Treasury have published a book titled 'Testing stabilisation policy limits in a small open economy'.
- Monetary Policy Review 2001 - Report of Professor Lars Svensson who was commissioned by the Government to conduct an independent review of the operation of monetary policy in New Zealand in 2001.