Certain information in some documents included in the South Canterbury Finance Information Release has been withheld under one or more of the following sections of the Official Information Act, as applicable:
- 9(2)(a) - to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people
- 9(2)(b)(i) - to protect trade secrets
- 9(2)(b)(ii) - to avoid unreasonable prejudice to the commercial position of the person who supplied the information or who is the subject of the information
- 9(2)(ba) - to protect information that is subject to an obligation of confidence, or that was or could be provided under legal compulsion
- 9(2)(d) - to avoid prejudice to the substantial economic interests of New Zealand
- 9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions
- 9(2)(h) - to maintain professional legal privilege
- 9(2)(i) - to enable the Crown to carry out commercial activities without disadvantage or prejudice
Where information has been withheld a reference to the applicable section of the Official Information Act has been made.
In preparing this information release, the Treasury has considered the public interest considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.
For documents released in the second release on 14 April 2011 a cover sheet has been inserted as the first page of any documents where information has been withheld to provide a key to the grounds used for withholding information.
The sections of the SCF information release are:
- Overview - South Canterbury Finance Ltd Information Release
- Section 1 - Application by SCF to Enter the Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Section 1a - Initial Participation by SCF in the Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Section 2 - Application by SCF for the Extended Scheme
- Section 2a - Ongoing Participation by SCF in the Extended Scheme
- Section 3 - Default of SCF and Triggering of the Crown Guarantee
- [This Page] Information Withheld from the SCF Release