The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2011 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
See Budget 2011 for access to the core Budget documents such as the Budget Speech, Executive Summary and Fiscal Strategy Report. See also previous Budget information releases back to Budget 2005.
Pages comprising this Information Release
There are ten pages comprising the Budget 2011 (30 June 2011) Information Release:
- [This Page] Home - Budget 2011 Information Release
- Key Documents - Covering:
- Design of the Budget process
- Budget strategy
- Budget Ministers' briefings
- Budget Package Cabinet paper
- Cabinet minutes related to the Budget strategy and Budget Package Cabinet papers
- Tax Papers
- Working for Families
- Canterbury Earthquakes
- Mixed Ownership Model - Formerly on the Crown Ownership Monitoring Unit (COMU) website.
- Other Papers Relating to Specific Votes:
- Agriculture and Forestry, Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Community and Voluntary Sector
- Consumer Affairs
- Defence and Defence Force
- Economic Development
- Education and Education Review Office
- Emergency Management
- Environment and Climate Change
- Internal Affairs
- Local Government
- Māori Affairs
- Ministerial Services
- National Archives
- National Library
- Office of the Clerk
- Pacific Island Affairs
- Parliamentary Counsel
- Parliamentary Service
- Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Research, Science and Technology
- Science and Innovation
- Serious Fraud
- Social Development and Youth Development
- Sport and Recreation
- State Services
- Tertiary Education
- Treaty Negotiations
- Veterans' Affairs
- Women's Affairs
Note that documents relating to the Foreign Affairs and Official Development Assistance portfolios were not included in this release.
Information Withheld from Documents#
Key to sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been withheld.
Certain information in this document has been withheld under one or more of the following sections of the Official Information Act, as applicable:
-  9(2)(a) - to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people
-  9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the confidentiality of advice tendered by ministers and officials
-  9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions
-  9(2)(b)(ii) - to protect the commercial position of the person who supplied the information or who is the subject of the information
-  9(2)(k) - to prevent the disclosure of official information for improper gain or improper advantage
-  9(2)(j) - to enable the Crown to negotiate without disadvantage or prejudice
-  6(a) - to prevent prejudice to the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the government
-  9(2)(h) - to maintain legal professional privilege
-  6(c) - to prevent prejudice to the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, investigation, and detection of offences, and the right to a fair trial
-  9(2)(d) - to avoid prejudice to the substantial economic interests of New Zealand
-  9(2)(i) - to enable the Crown to carry out commercial activities without disadvantage or prejudice.
Where information has been withheld, a numbered reference to the applicable section of the Official Information Act has been made, as listed above. For example, an  appearing where information has been withheld in a release document refers to section 9(2)(h).
In preparing this Information Release, the Treasury has considered the public interest considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.