The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2010 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
See Budget 2010 for access to the core Budget documents such as the Budget Speech, Executive Summary and Fiscal Strategy Report. See also previous Budget information releases back to Budget 2005.
Pages comprising this Information Release
There are seven pages comprising the Budget 2008 (8 July 2008) Information Release:
- [This Page] Home - Budget 2010 Information Release
- Key Documents- Covering:
- Design of the Budget process
- Budget strategy
- Budget Ministers' briefings
- Budget Package Cabinet paper
- Cabinet minutes related to the Budget strategy and Budget Package Cabinet papers
- Share Allocation Letters to Ministers
- Baseline Alignment Proposals and Letters
- Budget Package Cabinet Minutes
- Other Papers Relating to Specific Votes or Portfolios
- Tax Papers
Deletions to Documents#
Some of the content of the documents in this information release has been deleted, including:
- where it is considered necessary to:
- protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people;
- enable commercial negotiations without prejudice or disadvantage;
- protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials;
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions; or
- where the release of information:
- would be likely to unreasonably prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information;
- would lead to improper gain or improper advantage; or
- would prejudice foreign relations.
Where these deletions have been made, the reason for the deletion has been inserted as a reference.