The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2008 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
Note: See Budget 2008 for access to the core Budget documents such as the Budget Speech and the Estimates of Appropriations 2008/09.
Pages comprising this Information Release
There are five pages comprising the Budget 2008 (20 June 2008) Information Release
- [This Page] Home - Budget 2008 Information Release
- Key Documents:
- Budget Strategy
- Senior Ministers' Meeting
- Budget Package Cabinet Paper
- Additional Changes Approved by Ministers
- Cabinet Minutes related to some of the documents
- Bilateral Briefings and Additional Papers - Includes additional material for Education, Foreign Affairs & Trade, and Health
- Cabinet Minutes by Vote – the Budget Package Cabinet Minute for each Vote
- Personal Tax Cuts Documents.
Deletions to Documents#
Some of the content of these documents has been deleted where this is:
- considered necessary to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people;
- to enable commercial negotiations without prejudice or disadvantage;
- where the release of information would be likely to unreasonably prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information; or
- to protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials.
Where these deletions have been made, the appropriate reason for deletion has been inserted as a reference.