Between March 2006 and September 2007 the Treasury released Cabinet papers, advice to Ministers and other documents relating to the development of Government policy on KiwiSaver.
Core documents that show the key policy developments since the savings-related announcements in Budget 2005 are available below. The documents comprise:
- Various Cabinet and Cabinet Business Committee papers and minutes;
- Joint reports to Ministers prepared by officials of the Treasury, Ministry of Economic Development (MED) and Inland Revenue (IRD); and
- The Officials' Report to the Finance and Expenditure Select Committee.
Note that some sensitive information has been deleted from these documents.
Additional material included here as useful background:
- KiwiSaver Evaluation Literature Review;
- Presentation on KiwiSaver by Dr Brian McCulloch.
Note also that there are other Kiwisaver-related information releases:
- KiwiSaver section of the Budget 2007 Information Release.
- Securing Your Future - Information release relating to the savings measures introduced in Budget 2005 which is when the KiwiSaver scheme was first introduced.
Documents are available in Adobe PDF or Microsoft PowerPoint format only. Please contact [email protected] to request HTML versions.