The guidance sets out the purpose, content and process requirements for departmental information on strategic intentions. A department's information on its strategic intentions is often captured in a document called a Statement of Intent (SOI).
It includes a content checklist of the minimum legislative and Cabinet requirements for departmental strategic intentions prepared in accordance with the Public Finance Act 1989. Each department may need to supplement, modify, or amend the checklist to meet its circumstances.
Formats and related files
Table of contents
- What's New?
- Intended Audience for this Guidance
- About this Guidance
- Persistent URLs
- Questions and Feedback
- Further Information
- Strategic Intentions and Statement of Intents
- Purpose of Publishing and Presenting Strategic Intentions
- Providing Your Strategic Intentions
- Newly established departments
- Strategic Intentions Content
- Other Matters
- Establishing a Basis for the Department’s Annual Report
- Other Legislation
- Equal Employment Opportunities
- Chief Executive and Minister’s Statement
- Publishing and Presenting Your Strategic Intentions
- Publishing Your Strategic Intentions
- Presenting the Strategic Intentions to the House
- Intelligence and Security Agencies Only
- Clear Identification of Strategic Intentions
- Annex 1: Minimum Content Requirements Checklist
- Annex 2: Relationship Between Four Year Plans and Strategic Intentions
If you have questions, in the first instance, talk to your Treasury sector team. General enquiries about this guidance can be emailed to: [email protected].