This guidance sets out the purpose of and the content, process and timeframe requirements for a Statement of Intent that is being prepared in accordance with the Crown Entities Act 2004.
It covers the minimum legislative and Cabinet expectations for a Statement of Intent that is being prepared in accordance with the Crown Entities Act 2004. Each Crown entity or other agency may need to supplement, modify, or amend the checklist to meet its circumstances.
Formats and related files
Table of contents
- What's New?
- Intended Audience for this Guidance
- SOI coverage
- About this Guidance
- Persistent URLs
- Questions and feedback
- Further information
- Quick Overview of SOI Requirements
- Purpose of Statement of Intents
- Purpose of Publishing and Presenting a Statement of Intent
- Statement of Intent Content
- What is intended to be achieved
- Assessment of performance
- Other matters
- Process for providing, publishing and presenting
- When a new or amended SOI must be provided
- Time extension due to a significant change in nature or scope or functions
- Waiver where disestablishment or removal from the Companies Register is likely
- Standard timetable for providing a new SOI
- Timetable when the Responsible Minister requires a new SOI
- Timetable for amendments to a final SOI directed by the responsible Minister
- Timetable for amendments to a final SOI initiated by the Crown entity
- Timetable for Newly established entity
- Publishing and Presenting Your SOI
- Publishing Your SOI
- Presenting SOIs to the House
- Minimum content requirements and expectations
If you have questions, in the first instance, talk to your monitoring agency. General enquiries about this guidance can be emailed to: [email protected].