Releases of Treasury advice to the Minister of Finance and other material relating to financial sector regulation.
There have been information releases by the Treasury on these dates:
- Reports relating to proposal for a secondary objective of NZDMO and RBNZ for capital market development (26 May 2014) - Documents from December 2007 to May 2008 relating to the proposal to assign a secondary objective for capital market development to the New Zealand Debt Management Office (NZDMO) and Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ).
- Restrictions on High Loan-to-Value Ratios Lending (24 October 2013) - Documents relating to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ)'s introduction of restrictions on high loan-to-value ratio (LVR) lending.
- Macro-prudential Policy Memorandum of Understanding (7 June 2013) - Documents relating to the Government's decision to sign the Memorandum of Understanding on Macro-prudential Policy.
- Reserve Bank to Be Prudential Regulator of Banks, Non-bank Deposit Takers and Insurance Companies (19 June 2007) - Documents relating to the Government's decision to extend the scope of the Reserve Bank's prudential regulation functions to cover non-bank deposit-takers and insurance companies (non-bank deposit-takers include finance companies, building societies and credit unions) and the resulting changes to institutional arrangements for the Reserve Bank.
- Closer Integration of Trans-Tasman Banking Regulation (1 March 2005) - Documents relating to work done in 2004 and 2005 by officials on reviewing the performance of New Zealand financial institutions and on developing a framework for closer integration of the prudential regulation of the New Zealand and Australian banking systems.