The Treasury will publish the audited 2022/23 Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand (FSG) on Thursday 5 October 2023. All documents will be published on the Treasury’s website at or shortly after 1.00pm on the day.
Journalists and analysts are invited to register their interest in attending a FSG technical briefing under embargo and other conditions, outlined below.
The technical briefing lock-up will commence at 11.30am and finish at 1.00pm on Thursday 5 October on Level 3 at the Treasury, 1 The Terrace, Wellington. Doors open at 11.00am.
The technical briefing will open with a short presentation, after which the embargoed FSG information will be distributed. Please note that the Minister of Finance will not be attending.
Please register your interest in attending the FSG technical briefing lock-up by emailing [email protected] by 5.00pm Thursday 21 September.
If your news organisation requires camera crew and equipment at the lock-up, please indicate that with your registration of interest.
The Treasury will aim to contact those who have registered an interest to attend by 5.00pm Thursday 28 September to confirm or discuss registration applications.
Attendance is restricted
Attendance at this event is by confirmed registration only, with numbers restricted by the space available. Priority will be given to journalists from national and international news organisations and to economic and financial analysts attached to either financial institutions or national organisations that provide relevant specialist advisory services. Although we will make efforts to accommodate everyone, the number of people attending from any one organisation may be limited and some registrations of interest to attend may be declined.
Technical briefing lock-up rules
Registration of interest to attend indicates your agreement to comply with the technical briefing lock-up rules set out below.
These rules apply to all analysts, journalists, camera crew, technicians and anyone attending the lock-up who is not a staff member of the Treasury. Compliance with the rules will be monitored and is taken seriously. Any individual or organisation that breaches these rules may be refused permission to attend future lock-ups hosted by the Treasury.
The technical briefing lock-up rules are:
- All attendees must individually accept the lock-up rules via email to [email protected].
- All attendees must also sign a hard copy of the lock-up rules on arrival at the Treasury.
- No information (including but not limited to text, voice, images or data) may be transmitted, received or released in any manner from the FSG technical briefing lock-up from 11.30am until the embargo is lifted at 1.00pm on Thursday 5 October 2023. Please note this includes social media. This restriction applies irrespective of whether the information is about the FSG or not.
- At 12:55pm, those attending the lock-up will be permitted to start preparations to transmit information.
- Other than visits to the bathrooms, no one will be permitted to leave the venue once FSG information has been distributed.
- At 1.00pm Treasury staff will announce the end of the lock-up, which is when information may be transmitted and when attendees may leave the venue.
- In the unlikely event that the building has to be evacuated before 1.00pm due to an emergency, the embargo will not be lifted. People will be directed to leave immediately but they will not be allowed to transmit or communicate FSG information.
For more information contact: [email protected]