The Minister of Finance today announced an enhanced business support package to boost business to transition to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework, also announced today by the Prime Minister.
Key points from the Business Boost package announcement are:
- Resurgence Support Payment rate doubled and paid fortnightly, up to $43,000 per business
- Wage Subsidy Scheme continues through the transition period
- $60 million package for Regional Business Partner Programme and mental health support
You can read the joint media release from Hon. Grant Robertson and Hon. Stuart Nash on the Beehive website: Business boost to transition to new COVID framework.
Additional financial support announcements were made by:
- Ministers Davis, Henare and Jackson: New fund to accelerate Māori vaccinations
- Minister Sepuloni: Government extends hardship assistance for low income workers
Where to find support
For the most recent guidance on the Wage Subsidy Scheme, please see the Work and Income | Te Hiranga Tangata website.
For the most recent guidance on the Resurgence Support Payment, please see the Inland Revenue | Te Tari Taake website.
For the most recent guidance on the wider governmental response to COVID-19, please see the Unite against COVID-19 website.