The Treasury runs overview sessions on the BBC framework. Formal Better Business Cases training is now provided by APMG and accredited training organisations (ATOs).
Treasury-led BBC support
The Treasury leads Business Case Clinics for eligible high-risk high-value public sector programmes and projects – ask your Treasury Vote analyst or contact [email protected]
The Treasury provides BBC overview sessions – ask your Treasury Vote analyst or contact [email protected]
- Seminar for senior managers (awareness – one hour)
- Seminar for PMOs, interested staff (overview – 90 mins)
Both sessions are free for public sector agencies. For any queries or for further information contact [email protected]
Formal Better Business Cases training
Formal Better Business Cases training is provided by APMG and accredited training organisations (ATOs), based on the United Kingdom BBC training and adapted for New Zealand based on our guidance. There are two main changes to the global training standard.
- The courses are tailored for the slight differences in terminology and language used in the New Zealand BBC version.
- New Zealand-specific processes and tools, and economic and procurement approaches are used.
- The training includes an explanation of how NZTA's business case approach was adapted from BBC.
Formal certification in the BBC framework
Formal certification in the BBC framework is optional. Anyone wanting to become certified must attend the APMG Foundation (2 day) and/or Practitioner (2-3 days) course and sit the relevant exam at their own cost.
ATOs may also offer refresher courses for public and private sector employees, or training in techniques such as options analysis, also at your own cost.