The purpose of Better Business Cases is to provide objective analysis in a consistent format to decision-makers. This allows for better comparability and transparency, and enables government to make smart investment decisions that maximise public value.
Already know what you need? BBC guidance and templates
Context and background
- Investment management system – Context and rules
- When is BBC required?
- BBC and the Investment Management Lifecycle
- BBC and the annual Budget process
- Overview of the BBC five-case model
- Are you facing time pressure to submit an investment proposal?
- BBC: Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What’s needed before starting a business case?
- Risk Profile Assessment (RPA) complete and moderated
- Business Case Scoping document completed and for High Risk projects agreed with Treasury or your Monitoring Agency
- Business Strategy and Planning documents available
- Senior Responsible Owner appointed