Legislation Administered by the Treasury
This page provides details of legislation administered by the Treasury.
The Treasury currently administers legislation relating to the following portfolios:
The key statutes that Treasury administers are:
- Public Finance Act 1989
- Part 4 of the Crown Entities Act 2004
- State-owned Enterprises Act 1986
- All legislation relating to the annual Budget (ie, Appropriation and Imprest Supply Acts)
- Earthquake Commission Act 1993
All New Zealand Acts can be viewed free of charge at www.legislation.govt.nz. A list of all legislation administered by the Treasury can be viewed by following these steps:
- Go to www.legislation.govt.nz.
- Click on the Advanced Search tab.
- Tick all the boxes that you want to search eg, Acts, Bills, Legislative Instruments, Other Instruments (you can tick as many boxes as you want at one time).
- Insert the words “administered by the Treasury” (including quotation marks) in the Content box.
- Click on the Search box.
More information on the Public Finance Act can be found on A Guide to the Public Finance Act.