Applications for our Summer 2022 graduate positions are now closed.
If you would like to receive updates on our graduate programme and future job opportunities, please register your interest here.
Important note: We do not use cover letters or resumes when screening applications for our graduate programme. Please take your time in completing all sections of the application, providing as much information as you can to assist us when reviewing your submission.
Recruitment for the graduate programme is a 5-step process:
- Online application and screening – we will assess your application and review whether you have met the eligibility criteria for the programme.
- Online psychometric testing
- Video interviewing - dive into analysing a policy proposal or challenge with our online video interviewing and written assessment, designed to test your analytical abilities and see if you enjoy the type of work our graduate analysts do.
- Assessment centre – whilst we take you through a range of activities, including a panel interview with managers and a group exercise, you will get the opportunity to take an inside look at our culture and environment and decide whether Treasury is the right fit for you.
- Offer – we aim to make all of our offers within 7 days of the assessment centre!
If you can answer 'yes' to each of the following statements, you are eligible to apply to our graduate programme and we look forward to receiving your application:
- I am a New Zealand Citizen
- I am an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Permanent Resident or Resident, or entitled to a three-year Post-study Open Work Visa (for degree Level 7 or above qualifications) currently living in New Zealand
- I have attained a B or higher-grade average from my previous 12 months study
- I am available to start the Graduate programme in January 2022.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!