Our graduates start in January each year and enjoy a bespoke programme that advances both personal and professional development.
The work our graduates are given is varied and extensive. You will hit the ground running and within the first few weeks experience working on significant pieces of work across large and influential portfolios. Having to operate with a high level of responsibility and accountability is a daily reality – few graduate roles offer this kind of influence and exposure.
At the Treasury, we remain committed to employing people who represent the New Zealand community we serve. We value diversity and are interested in working with graduates from all walks of life, academic disciplines, backgrounds, locations and life experiences. We want you to share your unique perspectives and bring your whole self to work.
Our graduates are conscientious individuals who:
- Can successfully adapt to an ever changing political and economic environment
- Driven to enhance own personal and professional development
- Enjoy and have the capability to work with numbers (all our graduate roles work in the detail of the numbers that influence policy advice)
- Build trusted, collaborative and constructive relationships
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for a wide range of audiences
- Are critical thinkers and have analytical ability
- Are broadminded, inquisitive and harnesses new and innovative ways of working and thinking
- Value diversity and demonstrate inclusive practices
- Have personal integrity, sound judgement and an honest and ethical approach
Our Treasury graduates are all advisors, data analysts, researchers, accountants, advocates, representatives, students and teammates.
2018 Winner - Best Diversity Strategy - NZAGE
2017 Winner - Improving Diversity and Inclusiveness in the Public Sector - IPANZ
2017 Finalist - Best Diversity Strategy - NZAGE
2016 Finalist - Tomorrow’s Workforce - Diversity Works
2016 Winner - Best Graduate Development Programme - NZAGE
2016 Top 25 Employer Award - NZAGE