The Policy, Performance and Advisory stream offers the opportunity to focus on improving New Zealanders’ wellbeing through their policy advice and helping prepare the Governments annual Budget.
This stream is for those with a strong interest in public policy, how government works and outcomes for all New Zealanders. You do not need a specific academic background for this stream, but we do look for strong academic transcripts and an ability to work confidently with people and numbers.
In this stream, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advise on the government’s annual expenditure and budget package
- Liaise with agencies over new policy initiatives, business cases and significant Cabinet papers
- Work closely with government agencies on financial reporting, baseline funding and obligations under the Public Finance Act
- Work on issues of public expenditure and fiscal management, including monitoring and financial performance
- Advise the Minister primarily on financial implications and strategic alignment of Government policy proposals
If you have any questions regarding the graduate programme or the application process, please email us at [email protected]