The Treasury

Global Navigation

Personal tools

Christchurch International Airport Ltd

Page updated 9 Aug 2017

Christchurch International Airport Limited (CIAL) is New Zealand's second largest airport facility. CIAL is a council-controlled trading organisation in which the Crown has a 25% shareholding. The remaining 75% is owned by Christchurch City Holdings Limited, a 100% owned subsidiary of the Christchurch City Council.

Check the Christchurch International Airport Ltd website for the latest financial information.

Key Documents

Key Company Information

Entity Form Council-controlled trading organisation
Established 1988
Head Office Christchurch
Primary Legislation Companies Act 1993;
Local Government Act 2002
Auditor Audit New Zealand on behalf of the Auditor-General
Companies Office No 376068 (Companies Office website)

Board of Directors*


Note: *Includes Crown-appointed directors only.

Page top