Page updated 21 Apr 2017
These Regulation pages on the Treasury website provide:
- an overview of the regulatory management system that operates within central government in New Zealand
- information and guidance on key regulatory management system expectations, processes, tools and products for state servants involved in developing and administering regulation and for other interested parties
- information on Treasury’s responsibilities for strategic leadership and co-ordination of the regulatory management system, including its strategy and priorities for system improvement, and
- links to other useful resources associated with developing and maintaining good quality regulation
Recent News and Releases
- Government releases its regulatory management strategy 21 Apr 2017
The government's regulatory management strategy outlines the government's objectives for the development of the regulatory management system, and key development steps planned for 2018 and beyond.
In conjunction with the release of its regulatory management strategy the government has announced an updated set of expectations for the design of regulatory systems and for regulatory stewardship by government agencies.
- Publication of Castalia report 21 Apr 2017
The Treasury has published the latest independent evaluation of regulatory impact analysis provided by government departments, with a focus on the factors which influence RIS quality.
Quick Links for Analysts
- RIA Quick Guide
- RIA Handbook
- RIS QA Criteria/Worksheet
- PIRA Template
- RIS Template
- Disclosure Statement Quick Guide
- Disclosure Statement Technical Guide
- Disclosure Statement Template - Bills
- Full Disclosure Statement Template - SOPs
- Short-form Disclosure Template - SOPs