Treasury Staff Insights: Rangitaki
Page updated 8 Feb 2017
Treasury Staff Insights: Rangitaki are online articles prepared by individual staff members or by teams in the Treasury. Our aims are to share more of our thinking and to showcase the analysis and research of our talented staff.
Monthly Economic Indicators Special Topic: CPI Inflation by the Forecasting team. In this article the Forecasting team examines the drivers of the recent pick-up in inflation.
|8 Feb 2017||Forecasting team||MEI Special Topic: CPI Inflation|
Purpose of the Series
The Treasury Staff Insights: Rangitaki series builds on a strong tradition in the Treasury of contributing to the wider debate on economic issues and publishing practical applied analysis through our Working Papers and Analytical Papers series. We see this analysis as crucial to being effective policy advisors.
Over time Staff Insights:Rangitaki topics will cover the very broad span of the Treasury's advisory role from fiscal policy and commercial operations, through to public accounting standards and best practice regulation.
In their Staff Insights: Rangitaki articles staff are writing in their individual capacity or in a Treasury team's capacity and the views are not necessarily a "Treasury" view. The goal is to focus on the analytical content and insights.
The Treasury welcomes comments and questions on Staff Insights: Rangitaki articles.
It is helpful to include a link to the Staff Insights: Rangitaki article(s) you are commenting on.
If you intend to email comments or questions on Staff Insights: Rangitaki articles please note these provisions:
- Your comments will be passed on to the relevant author or team.
- Authors or teams will endeavour to respond to your comments and questions by email.
- If your questions include requests for official information that is not already in the public domain the Treasury's processes for responding to Information Requests under the Official Information Act (OIA) will apply.
- Authors or teams may wish to update their Staff Insights: Rangitaki articles in response to your comments or questions. Changes made to articles will be explained on the article page.
- Comments or questions you send may be published as part of an update to an article without seeking your consent. Any information that might identify you will not be published however without your express consent.
- We reserve the right not to respond to any comments or questions that violate any laws, contain offensive language or material, contain spam or security threats, impersonate an individual or organisation, or are otherwise objectionable.
Disclaimers and Statements
- Disclaimer - General disclaimer for content published on the Treasury website.
- Disclaimer for Research and Policy Publications - Treasury Staff Insights: Rangitaki is one series in the Research and Policy publication stream.
- Information Requests under the Official Information Act (OIA)