Research and Policy Publications
Page updated 22 Feb 2013
Introduction to the four series of research and policy publications published by the Treasury: Working Papers, Policy Perspectives Papers, Productivity Papers and Treasury Papers.
The most recent papers published by the Treasury are:
- a Working Paper on 22 February 2013:
- two Working Papers on 31 January 2013:
- An Analysis of Benefit Flows in New Zealand Using a Social Accounting Framework (WP 13/01)
- The Effects of Fiscal Policy in New Zealand: Evidence from a VAR Model with Debt Constraints (WP 13/02)
- two Working Papers on 26 September 2012:
- a Working Paper on 3 August 2012 The Elasticity of Taxable Income in New Zealand (WP 12/03)
- a Working Paper on 7 June 2012 Health and Retirement of Older New Zealanders (WP 12/02)
- a Working Paper on 4 May 2012 Contemporary Microeconomic Foundations for the Structure and Management of the Public Sector (WP 12/01)
Information About Each Series
Link to more detailed information about each series:
- Working Papers - Contain work in progress and research on a variety of economic, financial, trade and social issues.
- Policy Perspectives Papers - Bring ideas, analysis and empirical research to bear on topical policy issues. They seek to share important insights from economic literature, international policy experience, and Treasury research in a manner that is accessible to non-specialist audiences.
- Productivity Papers - Treasury work on productivity performance and what matters for productivity.
- Treasury Papers - Occasional papers on topical issues that have usually been authored by the Treasury and express its views.
Working Papers and Policy Perspectives Papers reflect the views of their authors, not the Treasury - see the Disclaimer for Working Papers and Policy Perspectives.
The Treasury's Publications Committee oversees the publication of research and policy publications,which includes coordinating the peer review of papers and other editorial matters.
Indexes to Research and Policy Publications
The Treasury has prepared indexes to make it easier for users of this web site to find research and policy publications published by the Treasury. These indexes only index Working Papers, Policy Perspectives Papers and Treasury Papers.
The four indexes to research and policy publications are:
- A - Z by Subject - Terms from the Subjects of New Zealand Thesaurus have been assigned by the Treasury to papers.
- A - Z by Author - Alphabetical index by author's family name.
- A - Z by Title
- A - Z by JEL Classification - Working Papers and Policy Perspectives Papers have been assigned terms by their authors from the Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) classification system which is well known to economists and researchers.
Other types of publications published by the Treasury e.g. Economic and Fiscal Updates, Financial Statements and Treasury guidance and instructions are excluded from these indexes. See A - Z of Publications for a title index of these other publications.
- IDEAS - Database of working papers and research on economics provided by RePEc (Research Papers in Economics).
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Papers
- Department of Labour Research Papers
- Ministry of Economic Development Occasional Papers