Saving - Information Releases
Page updated 9 Feb 2011
Information releases made by the Treasury relating to saving and the Government's savings measures.
There have been information releases on these topics on these dates:
- KiwiSaver section of the Budget 2007 Information Release (28 June 2007)
- A Synopsis of Theory, Evidence and Recent Treasury Analysis on Saving (18 May 2007)
- Are kiwis saving enough for retirement? Preliminary evidence from SOFIE (20 March 2007) - Paper prepared for 8th Annual SuperFunds Summit, Wellington, 15-16 March 2007.
- Background to KiwiSaver Policy Development (1 March 2006)
- Securing Your Future (5 July 2005) - Background documents relating to the Securing Your Future savings measures announced in Budget 2005.
- Savings Incentive Options, Consultation and Analysis (23 January 2002)
- Pre-funding New Zealand Superannuation Information Release - Cabinet papers and Treasury reports relating to the development of the Government's policy on pre-funding New Zealand Superannuation (NZS).
Related Information on the Treasury Web Site
- Savings Working Group - Including its final report to the Minister of Finance (February 2011)
- Treasury Paper: Saving in New Zealand - Issues and Options (8 September 2010)
- Treasury Working Papers and Policy Perspectives Papers on these subjects:
- Periodic Report Group - Retirement Income Report 2003 (19 December 2003).
Contact for Enquiries
Media enquiries should in the first instance be directed to:Communications team