Monetary Policy Information Releases
Page updated 13 Nov 2009
Information releases made by the Treasury relating to monetary policy and its implementation by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
There have been information releases on these topics on these dates:
- Mortgage Interest Levy (MIL): A Detailed Option (23 February 2007) - Joint report by the Treasury and Reserve Bank officials that develops further the mortgage interest levy option canvassed originally in the Supplementary Stabilisation Instruments report.
- Supplementary Stabilisation Instruments (SSI) (6 April 2006) - Joint report by the Treasury and Reserve Bank on possible additional instruments to supplement the role of interest rates in managing demand pressures and inflation.
- Policy Targets Agreement (PTA) (19 September 2002) - Briefing material provided to the Minister of Finance relevant to the 2002 Policy Targets Agreement (PTA).
Related Information on the Treasury Web Site
- Media Statement: Reserve Bank and the Treasury release book (16 October 2006) - The Reserve Bank and the Treasury have published a book titled 'Testing stabilisation policy limits in a small open economy'.
- Monetary Policy Review 2001 - Report of Professor Lars Svensson who was commissioned by the Government to conduct an independent review of the operation of monetary policy in New Zealand in 2001.
Contact for EnquiriesChris Ritchie | Senior Communications Advisor Tel: +64 4 917 6268