Housing Information Releases
Page updated 24 Apr 2015
Information releases relating to housing.
- Letter equivalent to a Letter of Expectation for Housing New Zealand Corporation (13 Feb 2015, released 24 April 2015, 1095 KB)
- Impacts of Planning Rules, Regulation, Uncertainty and Delay on Residential Property Development - The Treasury and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment commissioned an investigation into the impact of planning rules, regulations and delay on residential property development costs, with a particular focus on "affordable housing".
- Social Housing Reform: Establishment Unit (EU) and Independent Transactions Unit (ITU) (MBIE website) - Treasury material is included in a release by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment of advice to Ministers and relating to the creation of the Establishment Unit (EU) and an Independent Transactions Unit (ITU). The EU will investigate, on behalf of the Crown, options to build the social housing market and the ITU will be charged with implementing the selected options.
- Housing Affordability (Oct, Dec 2012 and Feb 2013) - Material relating to the Productivity Commission's inquiry into housing affordability.
- Budget Information Releases - Releases since 2005 have generally included material relating to Vote Housing.