Housing Affordability Information Release
Page updated 27 February 2013
This page contains links to material and information relating to Housing Affordability that has been produced by Government agencies and Ministers.
Information about the Productivity Commission's inquiry into housing affordability, and its recommendations to the Government, can be found on its website: www.productivity.govt.nz.
Relevant media statements from Ministers can be found on the Beehive website:
- Hon Bill English, Minister of Finance: Govt responds to housing affordability report (29 October 2012)
- Hon Bill English, Minister of Finance: Improving Housing Affordability (29 October 2012)
- Hon Phil Heatley, Minister of Housing: Affordable housing action well underway (29 October 2012)
- Hon Amy Adams, Minister for the Environment: Further RMA changes to help project planning (29 October 2012)
Using PDF Files
|Doc. Date||Created by||Title||Download|
|21 Sep 2012||Office of the Minister of Finance||Memorandum to Cabinet State Sector Reform and Expenditure Control Committee SEC (12) 88: Response to the Productivity Commission Report on Its Inquiry into Housing Affordability
Released 15 October 2012
|ha-2490240.pdf (1,817 KB)|
|1 Oct 2012||Office of the Minister of Finance||Minute of Decision from the Cabinet CAB Min(12) 35/4A: Response to the Productivity Commission Report on Its Inquiry into Housing Affordability
Released 15 February 2013
|ha-202689.pdf (49 KB)|
|19 Dec 2012||The New Zealand Treasury||Documents provided to Radio New Zealand in response to Official Information Act requests in December 2012 and February 2013
Released 20 December 2012 and again on 5 February 2013
|oia-2552176-1of2.pdf (981 KB) oia-2552176-2of2.pdf (5.8 MB)|
Key to sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been withheld.
Certain information in these documents may have been withheld under the following section of the Official Information Act:
- 9(2)(f)(iv) - maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the confidentiality of advice tendered by ministers and officials.
Where information has been withheld, a reference to the applicable section of the Official Information Act has been made, as listed above.
In preparing information for release, the Treasury considers the public interest considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.
Contact for EnquiriesAngus Barclay | Senior Communications Advisor
Tel: +64 4 917 6146