Financial Sector Regulation Information Releases
Page updated 26 May 2014
Releases of Treasury advice to the Minister of Finance and other material relating to financial sector regulation.
There have been information releases by the Treasury on these dates:
- Reports relating to proposal for a secondary objective of NZDMO and RBNZ for capital market development (26 May 2014) - Documents from December 2007 to May 2008 relating to the proposal to assign a secondary objective for capital market development to the New Zealand Debt Management Office (NZDMO) and Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ).
- Restrictions on High Loan-to-Value Ratios Lending (24 October 2013) - Documents relating to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ)'s introduction of restrictions on high loan-to-value ratio (LVR) lending.
- Macro-prudential Policy Memorandum of Understanding (7 June 2013) - Documents relating to the Government's decision to sign the Memorandum of Understanding on Macro-prudential Policy.
- Reserve Bank to Be Prudential Regulator of Banks, Non-bank Deposit Takers and Insurance Companies (19 June 2007) - Documents relating to the Government's decision to extend the scope of the Reserve Bank's prudential regulation functions to cover non-bank deposit-takers and insurance companies (non-bank deposit-takers include finance companies, building societies and credit unions) and the resulting changes to institutional arrangements for the Reserve Bank.
- Closer Integration of Trans-Tasman Banking Regulation (1 March 2005) - Documents relating to work done in 2004 and 2005 by officials on reviewing the performance of New Zealand financial institutions and on developing a framework for closer integration of the prudential regulation of the New Zealand and Australian banking systems.