Budget 2010 Information Release
Page updated 8 Jul 2010
The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2010 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
Budget-related information in this release is organised as follows:
- Key Documents - Covering:
- Design of the Budget process
- Budget strategy
- Budget Ministers' briefings
- Budget Package Cabinet paper
- Cabinet minutes related to the Budget strategy and Budget Package Cabinet papers
- Share Allocation Letters to Ministers
- Baseline Alignment Proposals and Letters
- Budget Package Cabinet Minutes
- Other Papers Relating to Specific Votes or Portfolios
- Tax Papers - Available now.
Deletions to Documents
Some of the content of the documents in this information release has been deleted, including:
- where it is considered necessary to:
- protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people;
- enable commercial negotiations without prejudice or disadvantage;
- protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials;
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions; or
- where the release of information:
- would be likely to unreasonably prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information;
- would lead to improper gain or improper advantage; or
- would prejudice foreign relations.
Where these deletions have been made, the reason for the deletion has been inserted as a reference.