Budget 2009 Information Release
Released 25 Jun 2009
Page updated 3 Jul 2009
The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2009 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
A Secondary Release was published on 3 July 2009.
Budget-related information in this release is organised as follows:
- Key Documents:
- Budget Strategy
- Senior Executives Group briefings
- Budget Ministers' briefings
- Budget Package Cabinet paper
- Cabinet minutes related to the Budget Strategy and Budget Package Cabinet papers
- Bilateral Briefings
- Letters to Ministers - Letters to Ministers who did not have bilaterals.
- Support Party Briefings
- Cabinet Minutes by Vote - The Budget Package Cabinet minute for each Vote.
- Fiscal Strategy Papers
- Tax Papers
- Line-by-line Reviews
- Information Release Advice - Advice to Ministers about this release.
- Secondary Release - Advice provided on options related to Budget consolidation and projections, indexation of assistance payments, and aide-memoires for Vote Education
Deletions to Documents
Some of the content of the documents in this information release has been deleted,
- where it is considered necessary to:
- protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people;
- enable commercial negotiations without prejudice or disadvantage;
- protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials; or
- where the release of information would be likely to unreasonably prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information.
Where these deletions have been made, the reason for the deletion has been inserted as a reference.
Contacts for EnquiriesAngus Barclay | Senior Communications Advisor
Tel: +64 4 917 6146