Budget 2008 Information Release
Released 20 Jun 2008
Page updated 13 Nov 2009
The Treasury has released documents relating to Budget 2008 in response to and in anticipation of requests for Budget-related information. The documents released here are among the most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
Note: See Budget 2008 for access to the core Budget documents such as the Budget Speech and the Estimates of Appropriations 2008/09.
Not all material has been prepared for release, but Budget-related information in this release will be organised as follows:
- Key Documents:
- Budget Strategy
- Senior Ministers' Meeting
- Budget Package Cabinet Paper
- Additional Changes Approved by Ministers
- Cabinet Minutes related to some of the documents
- Bilateral Briefings and Additional Papers - Includes additional material for Education, Foreign Affairs & Trade, and Health
- Cabinet Minutes by Vote – the Budget Package Cabinet Minute for each Vote
- Personal Tax Cuts Documents.
Deletions to Documents
Some of the content of these documents has been deleted where this is:
- considered necessary to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people;
- to enable commercial negotiations without prejudice or disadvantage;
- where the release of information would be likely to unreasonably prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information; or
- to protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials.
Where these deletions have been made, the appropriate reason for deletion has been inserted as a reference.