Investing for Growth - Auckland Transport Package Information Release
Page updated 27 Feb 2004
On 12 December 2003 the Government announced the ‘Investing for Growth’ transport package. The package announced significant new funding measures including a 5 cents per litre increase in fuel excise duty and road user charges for light vehicles and $900m Crown contribution to Auckland transport over the next 10 years. The package included new governance arrangements to establish a single body responsible for Auckland Transport issues. The funding package was the result of the work by central and local government agencies on the Joint Officials Group, established by Ministers and mayors in May 2003.
The papers included in this information release focus on the advice and information leading to the ‘Investing for Growth’ package; and advice and information on the Joint Officials Group process. The information comprises:
- reporting to Cabinet and its committees;
- formal reporting by Treasury to the Minister of Finance;
- formal reporting by Ministry of Transport to the Minister of Transport;
- formal reporting by Department of Internal Affairs to the Minister of Local Government.
There are some deletions to parts of papers on the grounds that the information is not relevant to the ‘Investing for Growth’ package or information has been withheld under section 9 of the Official Information Act.
Related Information on the Treasury Web Site
- Auckland Transport Strategy
- Auckland Transport Strategy and Funding Project - Joint Officials Group (JOG) Final Report (November 2003)
- Investing for Growth - A Transport Package for New Zealand (Beehive website)