Regulatory Quality and Treasury - Introductory Briefing [Briefing to the Incoming Minister for Regulatory Reform 2011]
21 Dec 2011
Released 2 Feb 2012
This briefing to the incoming Minister for Regulatory Reform was prepared as a Treasury Report (T2011/2565) after the November 2011 general election.
The Treasury prepared two other briefings for other Ministers:
- Briefing to the Minister of Finance: Increasing Economic Growth and Resilience (25 November 2011)
- Briefing to the Incoming Minister of Finance and Minister for State Owned Enterprises (December 2011) (COMU website)
Key to sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been
Certain information in this document has been withheld under one or more of the
following sections of the Official Information Act, as applicable:
- 9(2)(a) - to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people.
- 9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the
confidentiality of advice tendered by ministers and officials.
- 9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and
frank expression of opinions.
- 9(2)(i) - to enable the Crown to carry out commercial activities without
disadvantage or prejudice.
- 9(2)(j) - to enable the Crown to negotiate without disadvantage or prejudice.
Where information has been withheld, a reference to the applicable section
of the Official Information Act has been made, as listed above.
In preparing this Information Release, the Treasury has considered the public interest
considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.