Briefing to the Incoming Minister of Finance: Increasing Economic Growth and Resilience
25 Nov 2011
Released 2 Feb 2012
This briefing to the incoming Minister of Finance discusses New Zealand's medium-term economic outlook and provides a short summary of the Treasury's advice on the key policy changes that in its view would substantially increase both resilience and trend economic growth. It was prepared by the Treasury before the general election of November 2011.
The Treasury prepared two other briefings for other Ministers:
- Briefing to the Incoming Minister of Finance and Minister for State Owned Enterprises (December 2011) (COMU website)
- Regulatory Quality and Treasury - Introductory Briefing: [Briefing to the Incoming Minister for Regulatory Reform] (T2011/2565) (21 December 2011)
|Browse Section/Chapter||Download/Page Range|
|tsy-bim-2011.pdf (563 KB) pp. (1), 1–26|
Data and Figures
|tsy-bim-2011.xls (759 KB)|
Key to sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been
Certain information in this document has been withheld under one or more of the
following sections of the Official Information Act, as applicable:
- 9(2)(a) - to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people.
- 9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the
confidentiality of advice tendered by ministers and officials.
- 9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and
frank expression of opinions.
- 9(2)(i) - to enable the Crown to carry out commercial activities without
disadvantage or prejudice.
- 9(2)(j) - to enable the Crown to negotiate without disadvantage or prejudice.
Where information has been withheld, a reference to the applicable section
of the Official Information Act has been made, as listed above.
In preparing this Information Release, the Treasury has considered the public interest
considerations in section 9(1) of the Official Information Act.