Economic Impact Reports
Page updated 21 Mar 2014
Treasury analysis of the economic impact of recent events or of scenarios relating to potential shocks to the New Zealand economy.
The following reports or advice to Ministers prepared by the Treasury have been released in response to public interest in these issues:
- Expanding Economic Relations between China and New Zealand: Direct Trading of the New Zealand Dollar in the Onshore Renminbi Market (21 March 2014) - The Renminbi is the Chinese currency.
- Monthly Economic Indicators February 2011 (6 March 2011) - Contains the Treasury's initial assessment of the impact of the February earthquake.
- Economic Brief: Economic Impact of the Canterbury Earthquake: econbrief-eice-10sep10.pdf (201 KB) (10 September 2010)
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic: Potential Economic Impact (July 2009)
- Pandemic Influenza: Economic Impact and Treasury Preparedness (April 2009)
- Pandemic Planning: Treasury Work on Potential Economic Issues (20 December 2005)
- The Renminbi: The Possibility of Change, and its Likely Effects (12 July 2005) - The Renminbi is the Chinese currency.
- Aide Memoire: Recent Trends in the New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rate (9 January 2004)
- Economic Risks and Opportunities from the Release of Genetically Modified Organisms in New Zealand (17 April 2003)
- Conflict in Iraq: Economic Implications for New Zealand (21 February 2003)
- Exchange Rate Developments and Implications (5 February 2003)
- September 11 Events in US (2001) (24 September 2001)