Page updated 20 Jan 2012
Information on the two forms of guarantee for financial institutions established by the government that operated between 2008 and 2011.
- Extended Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Announced by the Minister of Finance on 25 August 2009 and in effect from 12 October 2010 until 31 December 2011.
- Information includes:
- Expired Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme Extension
- Announced by the Minister of Finance on 12 October 2008 and in effect until 12 October 2010.
- Wholesale Funding Guarantee Facility
- Announced by the Minister of Finance on 1 November 2008 and operated until 30 April 2010.
- Related information releases:
- South Canterbury Finance Ltd (15 October 2010)
- Crown Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme and Wholesale Funding Guarantee Facility (25 September 2009)