Vote Ministerial Services
MINISTER(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR APPROPRIATIONS: Minister Responsible for Ministerial Services (M47)
ADMINISTERING DEPARTMENT: Department of Internal Affairs
MINISTER RESPONSIBLE FOR DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS: Minister of Internal Affairs
Overview of the Vote
The Minister Responsible for Ministerial Services is responsible for appropriations in the Vote for the 2011/12 financial year covering the following:
- A total of $4.435 million for programmes for visiting guests of Government, State and ministerial functions, co-ordinating a range of services in support of ceremonial and commemorative events and facilitating passage of New Zealand and foreign dignitaries and others authorised by the Crown into and out of New Zealand.
- A total of $26.852 million for support services to Members of the Executive.
- A total of $7.947 million for the provision of chauffeur-driven and self-drive vehicle services for Members of the Executive.
- A total of $147,000 for depreciation on official residences owned by the Crown.
- A total of $8.400 million for Executive Council and Members of the Executive's salaries and allowances.
- A total of $435,000 for annuities and other payments to former Governors-General and their spouses or partners.
- A total of $160,000 for annuity payments to former Prime Ministers and their surviving spouses or partners.
- A total of $270,000 for domestic travel by former Prime Ministers and their spouses or partners.
- A total of $11.790 million for travel by Members of the Executive.
Details of these appropriations are set out in Parts 2-6 for Vote Ministerial Services in the Information Supporting the Estimates of Appropriations.