Page updated 23 May 2016
Who can enter?
Students currently enrolled at any New Zealand university, at any level (either undergraduate or postgraduate), are eligible to enter this competition.
Direct relatives of Treasury employees as at 25 July 2016 may submit essays, but are ineligible to receive the $2,500 study grant. If direct relatives of Treasury employees do submit essays, however, they will be eligible to be selected as finalists and invited to the Treasury to present the analysis in their essays.
For these purposes, a "direct relative" is a child, parent, or sibling, including step-parents, children, and siblings.
How do I enter?
Write 2,000 words on one of the essay topics and email it to us in the following format:
- Attach your essay in PDF format saved with the following title – "Topic [x]_Last Name"
- Please include a cover page that contains:
- Your name
- Your university
- Your student ID number
- The degree you are studying towards, your subject major, and your year level
- Your postal address
- A phone number we can reach you on
- Your email address
- The word count of your essay, excluding footnotes, references and cover page
Don't forget! The essays are due by Monday 25 July 2016 at 12 noon.