A Career at the Treasury Counts
Page updated 24 Feb 2014
Every person working at the Treasury has a role in helping to achieve higher living standards for all New Zealanders. Working at the Treasury counts because...
The Treasury counts for all New Zealanders
- We’re part of the central Government agencies – so we’re close to decision makers
- We look at the big picture to influence big decisions about the economy and the government’s finances
- We engage with a range of people, groups and communities to make sure we understand the issues
- It’s not just about divvying up of the finances; it’s about whether a real difference is being made to the lives of all New Zealanders
To check out current Topics of Current Interest please click here
You can find out more about the Treasury just click here
Your contribution counts
- We expect you to share your opinions
- You’ll be involved in discussions with decision makers, whether it is Treasury managers, our leadership team, leaders in State Sector organisations and Crown owned entities or Ministers.
Your career aspirations count
- You’ll get great experience - the work is challenging, interesting and current
- We encourage our people to take advantage of learning and development opportunities including secondments in New Zealand and abroad
What counts to us?
- Employing different types of people that leads to diversity of thinking
- People who strive for excellence and care about what happens in New Zealand
- Strong relationship skills so we can have great conversations with New Zealanders
- Book smart, street smart and life experience
- Having fun at work, and having a life outside of work