A Career at the Treasury Counts
Page updated 23 May 2014
Every person working at the Treasury has a role in helping to achieve higher living standards for all New Zealanders. Working at the Treasury counts because...
The Treasury counts for all New Zealanders
- We’re part of the central Government agencies – so we’re close to decision makers
- We look at the big picture to influence big decisions about the economy and the government’s finances
- We engage with a range of people, groups and communities to make sure we understand the issues
- It’s not just about divvying up of the finances; it’s about whether a real difference is being made to the lives of all New Zealanders
Your contribution counts
- We expect you to share your opinions
- You’ll be involved in discussions with decision makers, whether it is Treasury managers, our leadership team, leaders in State Sector organisations and Crown owned entities or Ministers.
Your career aspirations count
- You’ll get great experience - the work is challenging, interesting and current
- We encourage our people to take advantage of learning and development opportunities including secondments in New Zealand and abroad
What counts to us?
- Employing different types of people that leads to diversity of thinking
- People who strive for excellence and care about what happens in New Zealand
- Strong relationship skills so we can have great conversations with New Zealanders
- Book smart, street smart and life experience
- Having fun at work, and having a life outside of work